THE PAIL LIST
Many people seem to have set about making their “Bucket Lists” the big things they want to get in before they bite the dust ~ so to speak.
But with the end of the year just a mere five weeks away I decided I needed to come up with a “Pail List” which are some of the things I have meant to do in 2010 and would like to see completed before we ring in 2011.
This year, like all of them, quelle cliché, but it has gone by so fast.
So here is my Pail List. Not sure I will get it all done, what with Christmas and Thanksgiving and daily life. But hopefully I will tick some of them off and the others, well I guess they will get transferred over to things to do in 2011.
TRACEY’S PAIL LIST
1) Organize the photos from 2009 and get them in an album and sent off to Apple. I can’t face 2011 with 2009 still in “Event” files on my computer.
2) Teach my dogs to stop barking. This is on every year’s list. I would like to see it done in the next five weeks. HOHOHO.
3) Make new playlists with all the songs I’ve bought on iTunes and basically ignored in 2010. Update my iPod software while I’m at it.
4) Take at least one of the One on One series of tutorials I bought at the Apple store back…oh never mind when. Just take one already.
5) Actually call back the guy I called in September to continue the tennis lessons I started in the summer.
6) Make a dinner date with my friend Michele Rowe and her husband; we’ve been talking about since around the time I took up tennis.
7) Make a lunch date with my friend Harriet Cabelly. We’ve been talking about that – oh since Michele and I started talking about our dinner date.
8) Make a lunch date with my friend Erica Spellman Silverman, so we can compare all the life-threatening diseases we thought we had, but survived in 2010.
9) Read all these magazines.
10) Read the instruction manuals for my camera, BlackBerry and cell phone.
11) Read these books.
12) Write a personal note to everyone I met on Face to Facebook.
13) Watch the first season of Mad Men.
14) Have more sex with Glenn so when he tallies up how much he got in 2010 he can’t complain too much.
Now if I can do that while reading and watching Mad Men, I may have a chance of getting at least half of these accomplished.
Do any of you have Pail Lists? If so would love to hear them.
I would keep writing, but I have to get a move on, the New Year is almost upon us.