WE LOVE MOMLOGIC.COM
I was going to blog today and had something to say, well, I always have something to say, whether it’s worth hearing or not depends. But I don’t have to as a wonderful woman named Christina Fiedler who writes for the website Momlogic.com; URBAN BABY nightmares, you might want to rethink your whole concept, anyway, she got it right, at least as far as I’m concerned.
I think it’s worth reading as it really encapsulates what I wanted and intended with this film.
While I have said time and time again, it’s been an exhilarating, mind blowing, exciting, exhausting at the end of the day dream of a week, there have been some bumps. But hey it was life on steroids how else could it be?
But I have a few heroes that I want to acknowledge as they went out on a limb, spoke the truth, and were there for both Taylor and me in many ways.
This is in no order of importance.
1) Richard Arlook, my manager, producer, friend and sometimes punching bag. You know I love you and could not only gotten through the last week, but my career, divorce and god knows what else without you.
2) Sandi Mendolson – the best is yet to come for us, but thank you for everything.
3) James Frey – you were there dude!
4) Larry Enzer – ditto.
5) Paul Williams – ditto
6) Maria Bushkin Stave – not only my newest, oldest BFF, she had the guts to write to those Urban Baby nasties on my behalf.
7) George Nicholas – who did the same thing with the POST
8) Matt Mosby- for finding that photo of Andrea Peyser and posting it on my FB page!
9) All the people I haven’t met who wrote in to tell us how much the film meant to them and share bits of their life with me.
10) Mamaface Joan Kron who is trying to get me to cover my arms while on the air, I’m fighting her, but she is there for me all the time and I love her.
11) Kelly Langberg – you learn who your friends really are.
12) L.R. – she knows why.
13) Jon Turk – we know why, but he’s a friend too and he cut down on the under eye cover up time by half.
14) GMA, FOX AND FRIENDS, LXNBC, JOY BEHAR, GOOD MORNING CANADA, they did not abuse us and they helped us greatly.
15) My assistant Allison Hughes. I can’t begin to tell you what she has done this week, cannot begin!
16) Patricia and Gregg who have THEKINDCOMPANY and made and monitor my website. Patricia especially did so much work this week.
17) Jeanne McCulloch – just because.
18) Lucy and Glenn as they were there as always, supportive and loving and patient. Lucy gets a special nod as it’s not easy not being in a family when your sister is getting so much attention, but she handled it so well. And it’s hard for her as she loves the spotlight more than anyone. I know I should not admit it as we are fighting materialism but it’s OK when someone earns it, and both kids got iPads as they both earned them this week for different reasons. And that is part of the lesson, there was a time when I would have gotten them because they came out and I would do those things. But this was a special week and each girl really had to go through so much in different ways. I felt they earned a special treat. Taylor really worked her butt off and Lucy had to play second fiddle with style and she did. In those cases a reward is OK and they both know they earned them and appreciate them. I felt I earned one too; but I’m scared to open the box as it looks so complicated. Lucy figured it out in ten minutes. Taylor is still working at it. Tay is amazed that Lucy nailed it so fast.
How is it little kids just get this stuff? It is mind blowing..I still cry when I push the wrong button on the remote and can’t get the channel back…. I digress.
19) Taylor Tempelton – who gets the heroic award. Let’s face it she just rocked all week and really learned a lot about the world and I could have not only not done the film without her, but the last seven days. And she is really the poster child for a kid who did a three sixty, and she deserves that title. And that is the title she has and she should be proud and I am beyond proud.
Tomorrow I will write all the wrongs the press has put forth about her this week and set the record straight.
20) Christina Fiedler for writing this piece.
I’m linking it twice as I really want you to read it.